On Windows you now need to run the installer, using the folder you have decided upon for the install location along with ensuring the option to install the documentation has been checked. Doing this will install the documentation and example configuration files which are included in the installer and referenced in later stages of this guide.
Note: If using Windows Vista / 7 then make sure to install into a location which allows you to save and edit the configuration files and to save any log files into.
The Linux version is offered in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. You’ll need to download a version that corresponds to your operating system.
1. Create a user for running SHOUTcast server
2. Change to the newly created user’s home directory:
3. Create a directory for Shoutcast Server:
4. Change to the newly created user’s home directory:
Download the latest version for shoutcast server via
5. Extract the archive to the new directory (eg using tar -xzf command)
6. Within scserver you need to create two more directories: control and logs
6. Change the directory ownership to your shoutcast user
chown -R shoutcast.shoutcast /home/shoutcast/scserver
The SHOUTcast DNAS software is now installed