iTunes decided to no longer add any station on its « Internet Radio » directory. Stations already listed remain on iTunes as long as their audience average is more than 130 hours per day.
In order to submit your station to iTunes Internet Radio directory, please proceed as folllows.
- Download and fill the « Complete Submission Form » in
The form is available on https://support.itunesinternetradio.com/hc/en-us
Please note that :
- iTunes supports streaming formats .m3u, .mp3 and .pls. IP addresses (with these format streams) are also acceptable. Streaming formats .asx, .wma, .qtl and other various formats are not compatible and should not be submitted.
- Streams must broadcast 128k bitrate or higher, except for spoken word such as News/Talk, Sports/Radio and non-music Comedy where AAC/AAC+ streams 64k and higher are acceptable.
- Stations can list only one bitrate and one genre.
- Stations using names other than their own to be listed higher in the directory or twice in the directory will be rejected.
- Station submissions must include cover art which is a 3000 by 3000 pixel JPG or PNG image using RGB colorspace at 72 DPI. Attach your cover art to your submission form.
- Station names, descriptions, and URLs may be edited to conform to our editorial and technical standards.
How to correctly fill the form in
Name: EXACT station name
- Adult Contemporary
- Alternative Rock
- Classic Rock
- Golden Oldies
- Hard Rock / Metal
- Hip Hop / Rap
- International / World
- News / Talk Radio
- Reggae / Island
- RnB / Soul
- Sports Radio
- Top 40 / Pop
- ‘70s Retro
- ‘80s Flashback
- ‘90s Hits
City/State: The city/state of your station.
itunesradioCountry: The two characters code of your country. You can verify your ISO code on https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search
Description: Short description of your station.
Explicit: Does your radio station use any explicit material or language? State Yes or No
Home Page: URL of your station website
Provider Contract Info: Your full name and email (iTunes Store email account if available).
URL: Your station stream URL that you find on your Radio Manager under the Settings tab > Information and add the .m3u extension, for example http://listen.shoutcast.com/STATION_NAME.m3u
Language: Select among English/French/German/Italian/Spanish.
Commercial: Select Yes (if you broadcast commercial ads) or No
Bandwidth Kbps: Must be 128 or higher.
- Submit your station to Apple
- Create an e-mail entitled “Station Submission: "Your Station Name"
- Attach the completed form AND your station logo (3000 X 3000 pixels)
- Send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your request online on https://support.itunesinternetradio.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Note : If you don’t have an Apple ID, enter N/A