- Download the latest version of shoutcast (via shoutcast radio manager)
- Make a backup copy of the folder containing your existing SHOUTcast DNAS server
- Extract the content from the installer to a new directory
- Stop your shoutcast server
- Move both the files sc_serv and cacert.perm into the current server folder (replace)
- Start your shoutcast server
If you are upgrading from a release earlier than 2.X (E.g.: 1.98), you may need to place :#StreamID after the password in your audio encoder(s) so it will connect to the SHOUTcast server after this upgrade.
For those earlier versions, one additional step to list the stream on SHOUTcast.com might be required: A unique authorization key ("authhash") needs to be assigned to the stream. This key can be generated by the DNAS, or by registering the stream at shoutcast.com.