1. 2min Audio tagged file method:
- Schedule a pair of 2 minute mp3 files with the tag “Advert:” in the artist and title section.
- The metadata to activate the ads is “Advert:” in both artist AND title.
- The advertising server is case sensitive, so make sure to use capital “A” and the colon.
- The audio in your MP3 file will be heard by people in countries that don’t have ads running.
- You should put audio in the file (or files) that you would want people to hear if they’re not hearing the SHOUTcast triggered ad at that time.
Full tutorial here.
2. Silent Tone triggering method:
(Available for SHOUTcast 2.6 only, coming soon for SHOUTc st for Business streaming offer)
- Download the silent tone file in the appropriate format of your stream available at…
- Insert the file in your programming
- Ads available will automatically play for the right audience, your
With the silent tone, you don’t need to edit your trigger files ! Your programming will be automatically paused during ad-break so your listener will fall back on your stream where it stopped, regardless of the ad-break duration (depending on ads available for your listener). In other words, no more fillers, although note that consequently your stream won’t be broadcasted simultaneously.
You can trigger up to 5 ad-breaks per hour in order to maximize revenue.